Newgrounds 8-bits Newgrounds 8-bits

A thing of beauty,
I believe Newgrounds can still yet re-attain this magic it was once known for.

The Shooting Stars - A Rock in Space The Shooting Stars - A Rock in Space

All that time and effort, just for a dick joke...

God I love this website!

KawaiiBob WeeabooPants - Anime Teaser Trailer KawaiiBob WeeabooPants - Anime Teaser Trailer

You sir are restoring my faith in Newgrounds!

I Wanna Be A Pokemon I Wanna Be A Pokemon

I came here expecting nothing, and you managed to make a premise like this actually shine.
Good on you!

Rick And Morty: Soylent LeafGreen Rick And Morty: Soylent LeafGreen

The Morty impression was pretty spot on!

Noodle responds:

Matt knocked it out of the park! He played Rick AND Morty, just like Justin Roiland! He has crazy range :D

DIMENSION4L episode 1 DIMENSION4L episode 1

I can tell that you put allot of effort into this, but I have to be honest, the only character that I even found remotely believable was Hazel, and even that was broken half way through.
Pretty much everything that happened, I could see coming from a mile away, and the scene in the music room felt like something that I would had read in my high school creative writing class.

With that established, I do have to commend your efforts in the actual animation, and general choreography itself, not many people bother with frame by frame anymore, and I can appreciate your style choices for most of the characters that have been revealed so far. I also applaud you for your background art, even if it aint the best, hey it adds allot of quality to this animation.
I also enjoyed most of the camera work in the first half, the blur effect you gave the clock as Hazel woke up was a nice touch, and most other scenes were shot at decent angles as well.

Lastly, the music quality was quite high for an independent flash animation (I assume you use flash, but am aware that there are other programs), in fact this is probably the first flash on Newgrounds that i've seen, that utilized an electric piano, if only briefly, but none the less a welcome sound indeed.

I may come off as a bit harsh in this review, granted that the only animation that I have uploaded to this site so far is a shitty TMNT animutation many years ago, I feel that I can attribute most of my gripes, to the fact that its often hard to properly introduce one's characters, without making them out to be charicatures of the original idea that the artist had in mind for them. Either way, all in all, not the worst start to a series I have ever seen, but it will need to remedy the flaws made in this pilot episode, in the second one.

Best of Luck,
Cheers!

xxromantique responds:

You've brought up quite a few good points. I really do wish to improve the overall quality, so I'll make sure to consider those when working on the next episode!
Also, I appreciate that you took the time to write such a detailed and well-thought-out review. :)

Yager Balm Yager Balm

Feels like I should be watching this at 3:00 A.M. on Adult Swim, great work!

DeadPool's Chimichanga Escapade DeadPool's Chimichanga Escapade

José Olé!
This reminds me that I have just run out of chimichangas...
Good one Scott!

scottwjsm responds:

You better get more before Deadpool finds them!

Orbit Orbit

With this in your portfolio, I can only imagine the job opportunities you will find.
Best of luck!

Wave Motion Gun Wave Motion Gun

It truly is a show of legend.
As for this neat update to your original test:
My biggest recommendation would be to use less blur effect around the beam itself, and I would give the explosions more frames of animation.
On a more positive note, I really like the frame rate the project is rendered at.

Argox66 responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your constructive critique. Only way to improve!